Monday, October 29, 2007

Good News and a Racing Heart

My younger Brother G got selected in the Indian Army for a SSC(Short Service Commission). It really makes me Happy and proud but at the same time my family is a little anxious because he is taking on such a huge responsibility and not to mention those responsibilities involve risk.

He was only one of the 3 to make it from a batch of 45 aspirants. He had to undergo some tough tests and finally even after making through everything, he was declared unfit on basis of a eye condition "extropia", a condition wherein in rare conditions he cannot see distant objects . Extropia is like many eye conditions; not easily treatable. After having ruled out the option of surgery, he underwent a series of physiotherapy and ayurvedic treatments. Finally his positive attitude and perseverance paid off.

I am so very proud of you my brother!

No comments: