Monday, June 22, 2009

French Open 2009- My Take

Photo Courtesy: www.rolandgarros.com
I know it is too late and already Wimbledon 2009 has started in full swing but I wanted to reminisce about the French Open before the highpoints in Wimbledon take over.
~ Of course Federer finally won French Open completed his career grand slam,
But this French will also be remembered for the Nadal Upset by Robin Soderling.
~ I am glad Soderling made is to the finals, he did really upset the No.1 seed and it was not a fluke
~ The Soderling-Gonzalez match was thriller, with huge momentum swings and what a comeback Soderling made in the 5th set when he was trailing 4-1.
~ On the Women's side it was really inspiring to see Sharapova make such a gutsy run to the Quarterfinals after a 10 month layoff. truly her love for the game is inspiring!
~ I was so Happy that Kuznetsova won her match against Serena Williams quelling her lingering demons and finally winning the Title itself.
~ Although I felt bad for Safina for having lost again, I do feel she needs to put in a little more in the finals.I mean she may be a good player but on the court there during the finals she looked more stressed than enjoying being there. Good luck to her!

so there it is, the French Open in a Nutshell, now I can say ...Welcome Wimbledon.
PS: It is heartbreaking not to see Nadal in the Wimbledon draw :(

2 comments:

kopili said...

I've started tennis lessons too - having trouble with my forehand grip currently. How're you progressing?

The good life said...

Goodluck with your tennis!
how expensive is it in India to take lessons? Would like to know

I took tennis lessons about 3 years ago, after that I have mostly taken tennis clinics here which are like high energy drills rather than coaching.